Few gardens have perfect growing conditions. Invariably, there's a corner too shady, wet, windy or dry. The solution: a tough plant. Unkillable. One that will shrug off the worst conditions, and even thrive despite them.
Tough Plants for Tough Places is an easy-to-use, fully illustrated guide to more than 100 virtually unkillable plants for your garden - whatever the growing conditions. With a handy guide to symbols used in the book to denote special conditions and the plant's properties and advantages, Tough Plants for Tough Places includes:
- An extensive directory with more than 100 plants chosen for their ability to survive difficult conditions while adding beauty and color to the garden
- Techniques to assess your garden and improve what you have
- Pointers to match available plants to garden conditions
- Information to help you understand soil and microclimates created by sun, shade and wind
- Advice on caring for plants in tough situations
- Suggestions on where and how to plant
- Practical tips on getting started, planting, routine care and weed control
- The book now includes Russian Sage, Coneflowers (echinaceas), Blanketflower and other drought-tolerant favorites.